Tuesday, November 10, 2009

bp8_2009112_Web2.0


Finding a third Web 2.0 tool was quite a searching experience. I try to find sites I can actually use in my classroom, I want my activities to be useful in my everyday life. Teaching kindergarten is my everyday life. Each day is a challenge to meet the needs of each of my 18 students. Their abilities and personalities are all different in so many ways. One thing we do weekly that my students love is have our older “Book Buddies” come to our class to read with or to my students.

As I was looking through lesson plans on the website Read Write and Think, I found one on “Book Buddy Biographies”. What a fantastic idea! During a brainstorming
session, students will create a list of personalized questions. They will then interview their buddy to answer the questions they generated. Afterwards, the books will be written and illustrated by the students.

Throughout the year we often take time to write notes or letters to our buddies. We send letters of encouragement during testing, we write thank you notes for them giving us their time.

The website www.readwritethink.org provides an immense amount of activities and lesson plans for teachers. It can be tailored by grade level, subject matter. As teachers we are always looking for new and creative ways to motivate and challenge our students. The use of Web2.0 tools gives us a new forum to search and share ideas, lesson plans, and activities to create better learning for our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment